This arugula salad is simple, elegant, lovely. It is not my creation but rather an interpretation of a salad I used to eat fervently at an exceptional restaurant I worked at. Although I have no idea how they made their dressing, mine works beautifully and the original also included sharp cheddar cheese. I prefer mature arugula to the baby leaves as the big boys have more of a sharp, peppery flavor..use whatever suits you.
- arugula, washed
- green apple, sliced into roughly 1/4″ matchsticks
- chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1 c. EV olive oil
- 1/2 c. maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Combine mustard, vinegar, syrup, and 1/4 tsp. thyme in food processor. With machine running, add oil and process until emulsified. Taste for more thyme. The dressing makes a lot, store covered in refrigerator or half ingredients if only making a few salads.
- Arrange arugula, apples and nuts topped with dressing.